Policy training program launched
Following a successful pilot in 2016, the Public Sector Commission has announced the launch of the Policy Essentials program for 2017.
The Policy Essentials program—designed to support the ongoing application and incorporation of the Policy capability framework across the sector—is:
- contextualised for Western Australian public sector policy practitioners
- designed around contemporary, real-life examples
- will be delivered by experienced policy practitioners working in the sector.
The program comprises four one-day workshops, delivered once per month over four months. The workshops include face-to-face delivery, scenario-based activities and active learning, and pre- and post-workshop learning activities that support on-the-job application of learning.
The target audience includes:
- those new to a policy role, including participants with academic policy qualifications who do not have substantial on-the-job policy experience
- those who have entered the policy function as ‘technical experts’ but do not have formal policy training
- experienced policy practitioners interested in updating their skills and knowledge and developing their leadership and collaboration skills.
In 2017, two program intakes are being offered. They commence in February and July.
More information about the program, including a program guide and application form, can be obtained from the Commission’s website.