Request a school-based trainee for 2018
The Public Sector Commission invites public sector agencies to consider employing a school-based trainee by registering through the Recruitment Advertising Management System (RAMS) by 4 September 2017.
The School-Based Traineeship in Government (Public Administration) is suitable for Year 10 students who wish to be considered for the program as Year 11 students in 2018. Successful traineeship applicants will undertake paid part-time, employment-based training for two days a week, while attending school for the remaining three days, over an 18 month period.
Upon completing the school-based traineeship students will be awarded a Certificate II in Government (Public Administration) that will contribute towards their Western Australian Certificate of Education (WACE).
School-based traineeships also provide agencies with the opportunity to promote youth diversity and assist in their progression towards agency’s Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Management Plans or Workforce and Diversity Plans.
School-based trainees will:
- earn a trainee wage paid by your agency
- perform public administration duties
- deliver a service to clients
- follow workplace safety procedures
- work in a team environment
- use a range of software, technology and office equipment
- work effectively with diversity
- achieve foundation knowledge and skills in best public administration and governance practices.
Applications are now open and close 4 September 2017.
For more information or assistance to raise a school-based trainee request in RAMS call Denika Seelander, Traineeship Coordinator, on 6552 8864 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Further information regarding the traineeship can be found on our website