Job Application and Interview Skills
Many applications for positions fail to get past the shortlisting stage of the job application stage of the selection process because they do not understand the process and how to make their applications stand out from other applicants.
This course provides applicants with an understanding of the selection process and how to present their application, resume and selection criteria in a way that maximizes their prospects of securing an interview for the job.
And, once at interview increase their chances of being successful by utilizing practical tips covered in this course.
Every person who is applying for advertised positions and interested in advancing their careers.
Benefits for the organisation
An organisation where:
- Applications are able to be assessed accurately;
- The best credentialed applicant are selected for interview; and
- Probity aspects are enhanced.
Benefits for the individual
- A better understanding of the principles and methods of job selection;
- Substantially increase their chances for being selected for a vacant position.
- Learn techniques to improve presentation and content at interviews
Participants will be able to confidently apply the skills of job application and interview techniques including:
- The selection process generally used in the public sector
- Easy-to-apply methods and tips to address selection criteria more effectively
- Getting the best out of their referees
- Writing outstanding covering letters
- Constructing a winning résumé to use as the basis for any job application in the public sector.
- Conducting their own skills self-assessment supported by skills practice
This is a highly interactive and practical course in which participants will:
- learn from real life situations
- learn how to address selection criteria
- learn how to select referees and influence reference reports
- construct a winning resume
- practice effective interview techniques
Discover it, learn it, practise it, make it your own, then do it for real!
Dates & registration
There are no dates listed for this event.