Project Management (2 days)
How to plan and manage your projects to finish on time, on quality and within budget
If you fail to plan … you plan to fail! This course emphasises how you can keep control of your project, to catch problems early, devise mitigation strategies to get it back on track, deliver on quality and keep costs under control. Project Management is an intensive one-day program that provides an overview of the roles and strategies involved in managing projects. Participants will learn the basic concepts of project management, the role of the project manager and how to effectively monitor a project.
Managers, team leaders, project managers and supervisors who have responsibility for big and small projects in the workplace.
For the organisation
- An organisation where projects are managed professionally:
- Managers are in control;
- Projects are completed within budget; and
- All stakeholders are kept fully informed.
For the individual
- A better understanding of the principles and methods of project management;
- Become a more valuable member of your management team.
Participants will be able to demonstrate and apply the fundamental steps of an effective project management methodology in line with Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK).
On completion of this program, participants will be able to:
- Explain the role of a project manager
- Describe the basic concepts of project management
- Establish and work through the phases of a project
- Develop an effective project scope
- Use project management and planning tools, including Gantt charts and critical path analysis to plan and prioritise work
- Identify the risks in a project and develop strategies to minimise risk
- Use effective communication strategies with all project stakeholders throughout the project
- Close and evaluate a project.
This is a highly interactive and practical course in which participants will:
- Use and learn from real world examples
- Use real scenarios to create project plans
- Work in groups to allocate resources
- Work in groups to analyse risk
Discover it, learn it, practise it, make it your own, then do it for real!
Dates & registration
There are no dates listed for this event.