Recruitment and Selection
Understand the legislative and administrative processes for effective recruitment and selection
Recruitment and selection is the critical process for building an effective and efficient team, business unit and organisation. The costs of an organisation getting it wrong can have long-term effects as well as causing probity issues in respect to the process. This one day course will assist employees understand the legislative requirements and the Commissioner’s instructions in respect to the selection process. It will also discuss the concepts, tools and techniques that are commonly engaged in the recruitment process.
For the organisation
- Applications are able to be assessed accurately
- The best credentialed applicants are selected for interview
- Probity aspects are enhanced.
For the individual
- A better understanding of the principles and methods of job selection
- Substantially increase their chances of being selected for a vacant position.
On completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate a professional approach to recruitment and selection processes that complies with legislative requirements and the Public Sector Standards
- Explain key practices and processes required to successfully recruit new team members
- Describe the concepts, tools and techniques that are commonly engaged by recruitment and selection professionals
- Explain the new Commissioner’s instructions and how they impact on the selection process.
This is a highly interactive and practical course in which participants will:
- Learn from real work examples
- Work in groups to analyse recruitment and selection techniques, tools and concepts
- Work in groups to analyse strategies for selecting the right person
- Using work-place scenarios, demonstrate effective recruitment and selection processes.
Also available is a half day course and in-house course. Please see www.appliedinnovation.com.au for dates and fees
Discover it, learn it, practise it, make it your own, then do it for real!
Dates & registration
There are no dates listed for this event.