Business Acumen – build your business savvy and smarts by making sense of numbers
Whether you work in the corporate, SME, government or not-for-profit sector, every organisation needs to create value. This course will help you to see the big picture, contribute to business effectiveness and value creation, and understand how your actions impact on the bottom line.
- Course and personal objectives
- What's your organisation's 'why'?
- The concept of value
Seeing the bigger picture
- What business are you in?
- What does success look like?
- The balanced scorecard model
- How to manage risk
- How to maximise opportunities
- Balancing risk and reward
- Assets and liabilities
- Profit and loss
- Cash flow
- Numbers talk - interpreting financial and performance metrics
Maintaining and boosting organisational performance
- Time is money!
- Long term goals, short term objectives, everyday actions
- Making smart business and operational decisions
- Operational efficiency: getting the best our of your resources, assets and systems
- Continuous improvement
Putting it into practice
- Recognise the key business drivers for your organisation
- See the big picture for their own and other organisations
- Understand how value is created, and your role in this process
- Understand risk and the process of risk management
- Apply the balanced scorecard model
- Develop a working knowledge of financial teams and metrics
- Align work priorities and actions with key business priorities
This course has no pre-requisites
Dates & registration
Wed 25 Sep 2019 Perth (Metro)
Tue 26 Nov 2019 Perth (Metro)