Business Process Improvement
We may believe that if something is working well – why should we bother looking for a better way to do it? However, with the rate of technological change that is occurring, and the need to remain competitive, all organisations need to continuously identify and implement effective process improvements.
- What is your team responsible for?
- Meeting the organisational objectives
- Analysing current work processes
Researching new practices
- Finding best practice
- Investigation and peer review
- Technology or process?
- The value of different approaches
- The four step PDSA Cycle
- Lean Six Sigma
- 5S method
- Building a case for change
- Communicating the change
- Monitoring and measuring the change
- Keeping continuous improvement alive
- Document the required work outcomes for your team
- Understand how your team outputs contribute to the goals of the organisation
- Analyse the current work practices of your team
- Research best practice to determine what needs to change
- Use a range of process/business improvement methodologies
- Prepare a project proposal or business case
- Effectively communicate the proposed change
- Monitor the change and report accordingly
- Encourage your team to propose new process improvements.
This course requires no previous training or experience