Career Planning Clinic (job, career, or profession)
Gain clarity, confidence and direction for your next role. With trends and emerging patterns showing up within industries and the workforce, it is vital we develop options to take advantage of opportunities when they present themselves and create them if they don’t!
This clinic will support you to develop a do-able and actionable career plan, so you can be purposeful, productive and positive in your existing and new role. This clinic uses a 4 step process to position participants for success.
- Job, career or profession?
- Key trends and emerging patterns in industry and workforce
- Skills and competencies for future employability
1. Self-Evaluation and reflection
- Your personal map: where have you been and where are you going?
- Identify your work values, motivators, strengths and vulnerabilities
- Personal style and image
2. Exploration of options
- You can change your current job in 10 different ways (options, springboards and departure points)
- Opportunities aligned with strengths and ignites inspiration
- Making the most of a (planned or unplanned) career break
3. Identifying next steps
- Creating and maintaining a positive professional profile
- Creating and leveraging networks (mentors, referees and door openers)
- Avoid career pitfalls and position yourself for success
4. Taking action
- Commit to actions and set goals
- Identify what motivates and demotivates you
- Articulate their strengths and preferences
- Take advantage of and position themselves for opportunities
- Maintain a positive professional profile
- Use a range of strategies to proactively manage their careers
- Avoid career pitfalls
- Identify and engage with career mentors and supporters
- Plan for a 3-5 year career future.