Introduction to Business Writing - fundamentals & principles to write more professionally
The ability to express yourself clearly in writing is one of the most important skills in business. Effective business writing can inform, persuade and influence others in positive ways.
Our introductory business writing course is ready to equip you with the vital business writing skills you will require. This Perth-based writing course will help you to write documents that are:
- easy to understand,
- well-structured; and
- which create a positive impact on the reader.
Get the most out of this workshop by bringing samples of letters, memos or e-mails from your workplace to apply your learning.
To book or learn more about our business writing course in Perth, please contact our friendly team on 08 9218 9059
- Setting the context
- Learning outcomes
- Personal objectives
Effective business writing
- What is effective business writing?
- Current trends in business writing
- Steps to writing success
The planning stage
- The planning process
- Identify your purpose, outcomes and audience
- Collate document content using a variety of techniques
The writing stage
- Structure your document for impact and clarity
- The writing process
- Short business documents – letters, emails and memos
- Dealing with writer’s block
Editing and proofreading
- Proofreading and editing
- Editing using the 4C approach
- Plain English
Tips for writing other documents
- Writing reports
- Writing for the internet
- Putting it into practice
- Application of learning back at work
- References and further reading
- Understand how writing trends affect business writing today
- Write appropriately for your audience
- Plan the structure of a document to ensure correct information flow
- Adjust your writing style to suit the requirements of the topic and the reader
- Plan, organise and structure written communications using appropriate formats and language
- Present written communications in styles and to the standards required by the workplace
- Understand conventions and considerations for writing a range of business documents
- Review and proofread your documents.
This course requires no previous training or experience.