Introduction to Computers
The objectives of this course are to introduce newcomers to personal computers with an understanding of PCs and skills in using the powerful features of the Windows environment, and to a variety of facilities offered by the Internet.
Course Delivery Method
Our courses are hands on, interactive and always delivered by expert trainers. Comprehensive training materials are provided and class sizes are kept small to ensure maximum engagement and opportunity for questions and support. No headsets or ‘DIY’ learning for us – our participants receive step by step instructions and guidance from a real person at all times!!
- The components of a computer system
- Hardware and Software
- The Central Processing Unit (CPU)
- Input and Output Devices
- Memory RAM and ROM
- Features and benefits of a modern software Environment
- Using the desktop, My Computer and Recycle Bin
- Working with the taskbar, folders and shortcuts
- Moving, resizing , minimising and restoring windows
Managing Your Data Files
- Working with Windows Explorer
- Using Windows in a networked environment
- Plug and Play devices
- The Control Panel
Windows, the Internet and Communication
- An overview of the Internet
- Sending and receiving emails
- The World Wide Web
- Search engines and how to use them
- Setting favourites
- Useful web sites
- Business opportunities
On completion of the course, participants will understand the various functions of a PC and will be able to manipulate the Windows environment to enhance efficiency.
A familiarity with the computer keyboard is desirable.
Dates & registration
Mon 8 Jun 2020 Perth (Metro)
08 9218 9059