MS Word Introduction
Objectives of this course cover the essentials of creating, formatting and printing of documents for new users of Microsoft Word.
Working With Word
- Word Processing concepts
- The word environment
- Understanding the Ribbon and Quick Access Toolbar
- The BackStage Area
Working With Documents
- Creating, opening, saving and closing documents
- Document proofing
- Moving within the text of the document
- Text selection methods
- Text editing
- Cutting, copying, pasting and deleting text
- Copying text from one document to another
Data Presentation Options
- Character and Paragraph formatting
- Working with tabs
- Creating tables
- Page formatting
- Inserting header, footers & page numbers
Error Correction Tools
- The Undo, redo and repeat tools
- Proofing the document using spell checking and grammar checking tools
- View options
- Print preview
- Printing the document
Upon completion of this course participants will be competent in creating Word documents and using basic editing and formatting.
A familiarity with the computer keyboard and Windows is desirable.
Suggested Next Course: Word Intermediate
Objectives of this course are to permit experienced users of Microsoft Word for Windows to extend their knowledge in this powerful word processing application.