MS Word - Working with Reports and Manuals
Objectives of this course are to provide experienced users of Microsoft Word with the ability to control the way information is formatted and presented in Reports and Manuals.
This is best for
Experienced end users who need to prepare longer documents containing graphics, styles, tables of content, sections, headers and footers. It will provide tips and techniques for editing and managing content.
Working with Large Documents
- Creating master and subdocuments
- Using the outline view
- Document navigation
- Working with pictures
- Importing files from other applications
- Track changes
- Creating a cover page
- Controlling documents with sections
- Working with building blocks
- Styling a document
- Control data with tables
- Advanced header and footer controls
- Inserting footnotes, endnotes, bookmarks and comments
- Compiling a table of contents
- Compiling an index
- Linking documents using hyperlinks
On completion of this course participants will be able to perform advanced text and graphics editing, create and generate a table of contents and an index, and customise the views, tools and options to enhance efficient use of the package.
Completion of Word Introduction and Intermediate courses is highly desirable.
Word - Dynamic Publishing