Recruitment, Selection & Onboarding
This workshop will provide participants with the knowledge and skills necessary to successfully recruit, select and induct employees.
You will gain an understanding of how to write an accurate job description and job specification, create an effective advertisement, perform a proficient behavioural interview, review assessment methods, undertake reference checks and successfully integrate an employee into the workforce.
- The context of this program
- Learning outcomes and objectives
- Legislative requirements
- Employment Standards
Selection criteria and advertising
- What to include in a job description
- Cross matching selection criteria with organisational capability profiles
- Where and when to advertise – attract the best applicants
- What information should I include?
- Selecting the interview panel
- Creating interview questions
- Assessment methods – which one is the right one?
- Scoring each interview – create a scoring matrix
Feedback, reference checking, pre-employment checks
- Conduct reference checks – what to ask?
- Pre-employment checks
- Preparing employment documentation
- Providing constructive feedback to all applicants
Onboarding – starting on the right track
- Planning – the first week, month and quarter
- Integration and networking
- Setting and managing expectations
- Introducing and creating key performance indicators
- Action plan – putting your learning into practice
- Demonstrate best practice recruitment, selection and onboarding techniques
- Demonstrate a professional approach to recruitment and selection processes that complies with legislative requirements
- Explain key practices and processes required to successfully recruit new team members
- Describe the concepts, tools and techniques that are commonly engaged by recruitment and selection professionals
- Integrate new employees effectively to increase engagement and retention.
This course requires no previous training or experience
Dates & registration
Fri 11 Oct 2019 Perth (Metro)
Mon 9 Dec 2019 Perth (Metro)