Participants will build their skills and knowledge in managing risk, both as an integral part of project management and for wider applications.
The course provides a structured process for identifying, analysing, assessing, managing/mitigating and monitoring all types of risk. Participants will be introduced to a range of models and control mechanisms.
- Setting the context
- What is risk management?
- How does risk impact business operations?
Risk management in context
- Legal aspects of risk
- Outsourcing risk
- Joint Ventures and partnerships
- Offsetting risk through contractual arrangements and insurance
- Project Risk Management Plans
Risk identification, analysis, assessment and monitoring
- Risk assessment
- Sensitivity analysis
- Risk prioritisation and intervention
- The project Risk Register
Types of risk
- Occupational Safety & Health risks
- Economic risk
- Political risk
- Social/Community factors
- Financial and currency risks
- Geographic/Environmental factors
- Human Resource factors
- Competitor/market risk
- Technology factors
Risk management models and their use
- Risk management models
- Macro & micro view of the project environment
- The Risk Matrix
- Action planning
- Additional resources
- Understand and apply the fundamental steps of an effective risk management methodology
- Identify, analyse and assess risk
- Manage and monitor risk
- Describe different types of risk
- Understand risk management models and their appropriate use
- Develop a Risk Management Plan.
This program requires no previous experience or training.
Dates & registration
There are no dates listed for this event.