The purpose of this training is to understand how the use of the telephone impacts on customer relationships, and to acquire the skills and techniques needed to provide telephone service excellence. One important way your customers and prospects evaluate your organisation is through the manner in which their telephone calls are handled as this is often their first point of contact.
- Course context
- Personal learning objectives
Telephone customer service
- Why customer service is a must
- Building a reputation for customer service excellence
- Dealing with a variety of calls with a diverse range of customers
- Taking ownership, accountability and responsibility
- Vocal and verbal communication to build rapport - what you say is not always what people hear
- Positive language
- Fine tune your listening skills
- Understanding words and phrases that connect and those that disconnect
- Getting right your greeting, closing, taking messages and hand overs
Managing Challenging Calls
- Dealing with complaints
- Difficult customers
- Break repetitive loops (when customers repeat themselves and are stuck in story)
- Taking care of yourself
Putting it into practice
- Action planning
- Understand how to handle calls effectively
- Use your voice to convey the right message
- Satisfy customer needs effectively
- Understand customer diversity
- Provide customers with enhanced telephone service
- Explain why complaints are important
- Effectively handle complaints and difficult behaviours in accordance with organisational guidelines
- Find effective ways to stay energised.
This course requires no previous training or experience
Please contact us for more information regarding course customisation.
Dates & registration
There are no dates listed for this event.