Writing Reports & Business Cases
Good written communication facilitates action. This is true of the simplest email and the most complex report. In this course you will learn how to write reports and business cases that have impact, are well-structured and easy to understand.
This course is practical, interactive and fun. Well-known, proven theories are translated into easy-to-understand concepts and techniques by our experienced training consultants. Participants will return to work understanding what they can do to enhance their performance and put learning into practice.
- Setting the context
- Learning outcomes
- Personal objectives
Preparing to write
- Where do I start?
- Why do we write?
- Defining your objectives
- Understanding your reader
- Researching your topic
- A systematic approach to writing
- You're ready to write
- About reports
- Structuring your reports
- Making your report readable
- Writing a report
Writing a business case
- What is a business case?
- Structuring a business case
Polishing your document
- Presentation of your document
- Application of learning back at work
- References and further reading
- Develop a systematic approach to the pre-writing stage;
- Recognise the steps for writing in plain language;
- Identify the purpose of writing a report and business case;
- Examine 4 different report structures;
- Outline ways to guide their readers through the report;
- Outline the 4 steps of writing to persuade;
- Identify the difference between a business case and a business proposal;
- Determine the reasons for a business case not being approved;
- Outline effective techniques for polishing your documents; and
- Use case studies and examples to write a report and business case
This program requires no previous experience or training.