Adobe Photoshop: Introduction
Want to learn Photoshop fundamentals?
Through short project based digital image activities you will learn and acquire an understanding of how to manipulate, edit and prepare original images to suit page makeup/publishing process using Adobe Photoshop CS6.
Throughout this course you will examine the manipulation, retouching, editing, and the preparation of original images to suit the page makeup/publishing process.
This course is taught on Apple Macintosh computers - necessary instruction in the use of a Mac computer is included in the course. Use of the Adobe Photoshop program is virtually identical on a Mac or PC platform.
Topics covered in this course include:
- Use image modes, selection tools, layers, and channels to manage pixels and colour
- Adjust opacity and use blending and feathering on selections
- Create and adjust text using layers, layer effects and filters
- Use toning tools, hue/saturation and brightness/contrast to adjust image.
- Basic computer skills is required
- No previous experience in Adobe Photoshop or Apple Mac Computers is necessary
For this course, you will need to bring:
- Notebook & pen
About the lecturer - Martyn Andrews
Martyn has worked with Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator in industry as a professional for the past 19 years on an array of professional/creative projects and will show and teach you important core Photoshop and InDesign functions that will provide you with a solid foundation of skills.
Dates & registration
There are no dates listed for this event.