Expand your photography skills
Follows on from the Photography Basic course and allows photographers to take their photography to the next level.
This course provides students with skills that allow them to develop their personal vision as well as introducing more specialized areas such as artificial lighting, close-up photography and Lightroom. Moving beyond just taking photographs, this course will help the photographer develop their body of work and lead them down the path to getting their work shown to a wider audience.
Topics covered in this course include:
- Studio lighting
- Lighting on location
- Event photography
- Shooting in dark
- Panoramas & HDR
- Studying the masters
- Painting with light and light graffiti
- Off-camera flash – on location
- Macro photography in the studio
- The digital darkroom at home
- Constructive feedback – student image reviews
- For entry into this course you need to have completed the Photography Basic course or equivalent level course. If you would like to know whether this course is suitable for you please call us on 9427 1465.
- Participants must wear enclosed shoes e.g. sneakers or leather type shoes
For this course, you will need to bring:
- Your DSLR camera or digital compact camera with manual shutter speed, aperture and ISO controls
- Pen and notepad
About the lecturer - Des Birt
With more than 35 years as a full-time professional photographer, Des is passionate about this unique blend of science and art. Throughout his career as a commercial photographer and a wedding/portrait photographer, he has gained a breadth of knowledge that he is willing and keen to share. A graduate from the photography course conducted at Central, Des is also a Master Photographer (Australian Institute of Professional Photography) and a Hon Life Member of the AIPP. In addition to operating his photography business, Des also has enjoyed lecturing at Central for the past two years.
Dates & registration
There are no dates listed for this event.