Vocations Seminar - Thursday 5th November, Green Skills East Perth
The Centre for Training Excellence & LH Martin Institute invite you to ‘Vocations: the link between post-compulsory education and the labour market’.
Explore and understand the implications of the major research project comissioned by NCVER that proposes fundamental change for the way post-compulsory education is structured as a pathway to the labour market, not only for a first qualification but for additional qualifications over time.
Hear from one of the leading researchers and authors of the report – Professor John Buchanan. Discuss with the diverse expert panel their respective perspectives on the research and implications for implementation.
Key Note Speakers:
- Ms JodieAnn Dawe National Manager, Research & Business Development, NCVER
- Professor John Buchanan Director, Workplace Research Centre, The University of Sydney
- Assoc. Professor Ruth Schubert Assoc. Director, LH Martin Institute
The program also includes an Expert Panel session, specific to the WA sector:
- Mr Simon Walker Executive Director, Policy, Planning and Innovation, Department for Training and Workforce Development WA
- Mr Jim Walker Chair, State Training Board
- Ms Jill Jamieson Managing Director, Polytechnic West
- Ms Sheevaun Gallacher Director, Aspire Performance Training
You cannot afford to miss this event.
View full program here
Green Skills Training Centre (Building D)
Central Institute of Technology - East Perth Campus
140 Royal Street East Perth WA 6004
$250 (GST included)
the Centre for Training Excellence
08 9427 1555
Dates & registration
There are no dates listed for this event.