Employment Law Fundamentals - Part 1: The basics
Employment law in Australia can be very complex and difficult to understand. However business owners, management, payroll and human resource professionals are required to comply with these laws, with the risk of fines and harmful claims if they fail to do so.
This course provides participants with an introduction to employment law. Participants will become comfortable with the basics of what they need to know in order to comply.
Designed for anyone who needs to understand these obligations, this course will enable participants to:
- Learn about employment contracts, what they are, when they are formed, and how they operate
- Understand different types of employment arrangements
- Fixed Term
- Understand the principles to determine the difference between a contractor and an employee
- Find out where your employees entitlements come from
- Legislation (including the National Employment Standards)
- Awards (including how to determine coverage)
- Understand the basics of termination and what to consider for:
- Performance or conduct based terminations
- Redundancy process and entitlements
1 day, 9:00am – 4:30pm
NOTE – National Employment Standards will cover:
- An overview of all of the NES (including dispelling common misconceptions)
- Community service leave
- Long service leave
- Notice of termination and redundancy pay
Other entitlements under the NES will be covered in more detail in Part 2.
This course is for National System Employers. If you are unsure whether your business is a National System Employer, please contact the CCI Employee Relations Advice Centre on (08) 9365 7660 for assistance before registering.
Following the completion of this course we recommend attending Employment Law Fundamentals Part 2A: HR is your responsibility of Part 2B: For the payroll professional.
What will I need to bring?
Just yourself. CCI will supply all course materials for you to confidently complete your training.
CCI will also supply morning tea, afternoon tea and lunch with one of our preferred restaurants. Please advise our staff of any special dietary requirements.
How do I enroll?
You can enroll into CCI courses in one of three ways:
- Call Learning Solutions directly on (08) 9365 7500
- Register online
- Or email email@example.com
Dates & registration
There are no dates listed for this event.