Employment Law Fundamentals - Part 2: For the payroll professional
Payroll professionals provide pivotal support to their organisation through their knowledge of employee entitlements. There have been many changes to these entitlements in recent years and they are becoming increasingly complex.
With this in mind, it is important to understand where employee entitlements come from and how to interpret these entitlements to apply them in a practical sense.
Designed for anyone who is responsible for payroll function, during this course participants will learn how to:
- Identify employee entitlements and where they are derived from
- Interpret application of awards/agreements, legislation and contracts
- Understand the hierarchy of industrial instruments (awards, legislation, contracts etc.) and what instrument applies at any given time
- Calculate wages including penalty rates and overtime payments
- Calculate annual and sick leave accruals
1 day, 9:00am – 4:30pm
NOTE - National Employment Standards will cover:
- Personal/Carer’s Leave and Compassionate leave (with focus on the payroll application)
- Annual Leave (with focus on the payroll applications)
- Public Holidays
- Maximum Weekly Hours
This course is for National System Employers. If you are unsure whether your business is a National System Employer, please contact the CCI Employee Relations Advice Centre on (08) 9365 7660 for assistance before registering.
It is strongly recommended that participants have attended Employment Law Fundamentals Part A: The Basics prior to attending this course.
What will I need to bring?
Just yourself. CCI will supply all course materials for you to confidently complete your training.
CCI will also supply morning tea, afternoon tea and lunch with one of our preferred restaurants. Please advise our staff of any special dietary requirements.
How do I enroll?
You can enroll into CCI courses in one of three ways:
- Call Learning Solutions directly on (08) 9365 7500
- Register online
- Or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Dates & registration
There are no dates listed for this event.