Employment Law Fundamentals Part 2A: HR is your responsibility
If you are responsible for HR in the business, then you hold an important role in an organisation ensuring compliance with employment law. In recent years, the need for managers and HR professionals to understand their obligations has been underlined by the potential for personal fines to be issued under the Fair Work Act 2009 (Cth).
As employment law is a complex and ever changing field, it is important to know how to be able to find the answers you need.
Designed for anyone is who is responsible for the HR function, this course will provide participants with:
- Confidence to navigate the Fair Work Act 2009
- In depth understanding of HR critical parts of the National Employment Standards and how these interact with other instruments
- Knowledge to protect yourself and the business against costly unfair dismissal and general protections claims
- Ability to recognise discrimination and harassment and what you need to do to train employees and properly manage complaints
- Overviews of transfer of business, industrial action, stand down, lawful deductions, record keeping and more!
NOTE: National Employment Standards will cover:
- Flexible Working Arrangements
- Parental Leave
- Annual Leave (focus on applications, refusals, directions to take leave)
- Personal/Carer’s Leave (focus on notice and evidence requirements)
What will I need to bring?
Just yourself. CCI will supply all course materials for you to confidently complete your training.
CCI will supply morning tea, afternoon tea and lunch with one of our preferred restaurants. Please advise our staff of any special dietary requirements.
How do I enroll?
You can enroll into CCI courses in one of three ways:
Dates & registration
There are no dates listed for this event.