Finance for Non-Finance Managers
If you undertake financial responsibilities in the workplace but have no formal accounting training, this course will increase your understanding of financial management in an engaging way. You will gain practical accounting experience and will return to your workplace with greater confidence in both your knowledge and comprehension of financial duties and obligations.
- Business acumen, business structures, accounting framework, principles and equation
- The chart of accounts, transactions and source documentation
- Cash versus accrual accounting and cash versus non-cash items
- Cash flow planning and management of working capital
- Definition and management of costs and revenues
- Creation and management of operating budgets
- Accounting standards, corporations law and taxation requirements
- Margin management - price, margin mark up and discounting
- Financial statement analysis - variance analysis, ratios and trends and break even analysis
- Capital investment analysis using present value and return on investment concepts
Links to accredited training:
This course meets the requirements of the following units of competency:
- BSBFIM501A Manage budget and financial plans
Participants must successfully complete the in-class assessment component in order to be issued with a nationally recognised Statement of Atainment for the unit outlined above.
This course is designed for:
Managers and aspiring managers with financial management responsibilities but no formal accounting background, executives and senior managers with financial responsibilities and performance indicators and board members and senior managers wanting to assess the quality of an organisation’s financial information.
9:00am - 4:30pm
Dates & registration
There are no dates listed for this event.