Safety and Health Representatives Training - Navel Base
This course is designed to provide the knowledge and skills necessary to become an effective Safety and Health Representative (SHR), accredited by the OHS Commission. It will also ensure that participants gain confidence, allowing you to help improve the overall safety performance of your organisation.
Upon completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Understand legislation relevant to the role and functions of a Safety and Health Representative
- Communicate effectively on safety and health matters to represent employees in your elected area
- Understand issue resolution processes
- Know your role in the OHS committee
- Be conversant with WorkSafe WA and their inspectors and be able to access and utilise WorkSafe WA information in relation to safety matters
- Understand the process of conducting workplace inspections
- Issue a Provisional Improvement Notice (PIN)
- Understand hazard and risk management processes
- Write a job safety analysis (JSA)
- Understand your involvement in an investigation process
This course is designed for:
Elected Safety and Health Representatives.
5 days, 9.00am - 4.30pm (8.45am registration)
There are no pre-requisites for this course. Upon successful completion of this course, further learning opportunities at CCI include Cert IV Work Health and Safety.
Employees who are not formally elected safety and health representatives should attend our Introduction to safety course.
41 Hope Valley Road Naval Base WA 6165
What will I need to bring?
Just yourself. CCI will supply all course materials for you to confidently complete your training.
CCI will also supply morning tea, afternoon tea and lunch. Please advise our staff of any special dietary requirements.
How do I enroll?
You can enroll into CCI courses in one of three ways:
- Call Learning Solutions directly on (08) 9365 7500
- Register online
- Or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Dates & registration
There are no dates listed for this event.