Safety Representatives Training
This Work Safe WA accredited course is designed to provide the knowledge and skills necessary to become an effective Safety and Health Representative (SHR). It will also ensure that participants gain confidence, allowing you to help improve the overall safety performance of your organisation.
- Understanding the basic legal requirements for safety at work
- Representing employees effectively
- Communication skills
- Understanding the process for hazard identification, risk assessment and control
- Knowing how to conduct workplace inspections, accident investigations and job safety analysis
- Identifying sources and finding information on safety matters
- Formulating an achievable safety action plan for your workforce
This course is designed for:
Elected safety and health representatives.
Safety and Health Representatives are entitled to have time off with pay to attend this accredited course.
The Safety Representative training is aligned to the following six units of competency which contribute to the Certificate III in Work Health and Safety (BSB30712):
- BSBWHS302A - Apply knowledge of WHS legislation in the workplace
- BSBWHS303A - Participate in WHS hazard identification, risk assessment and risk control
- BSBWHS304A - Participate effectively in WHS communication and consultation processes
- BSBWHS305A - Contribute to WHS issue resolution
- BSBWHS406A - Assist with responding to incidents
Accreditation: This course is accredited by the Western Australian Commission for Occupational Safety and Health in accordance with the Occupational Safety and Health Act (WA) 1984.
9:00am - 4:30pm
Dates & registration
There are no dates listed for this event.