Assertive Communication Skills For Women (Perth)
Presented by: Violet Dhu
Honest, genuine and authentic communication has been found to be the number one communication trait required for effective leadership. However a common pattern in people’s communication, particularly women, is the lack of awareness and capacity to be assertive when communicating. Assertive communication will help you reduce workplace conflict, help you negotiate, speak up at meetings and deal with difficult conversations. In turn these skills will enhance your self-esteem, increase your confidence and reduce your fear and anxiety. Do you find it difficult to be assertive? Do you find it difficult to say no? Do you say what you mean? Do you handle conflict in the workplace?
This workshop is designed to help women who want to develop their self-confidence and communicate effectively and assertively with work colleagues at all levels.
At the end of this workshop you will be able to:
- Recognise the difference between assertive, passive and aggressive communication
- Be able to recognise the barriers and myths that surround assertive communication and how they may influence your thinking and behavior
- Complete a self-audit and recognise where your current strengths and weakness are when communicating with others
- Use practical strategies to communicate more assertively using different techniques
- Use practical skills and tools to deal with criticism, both constructive and destructive
- Learn how to be more assertive in the workplace
- Say no without feeling guilty and to give and receive feedback
- Use appropriate, credible and assertive body language
At the end of this workshop you will have the following skills:
- You will have a thorough understanding of communication styles and the importance of being assertive.
- You will be more self-aware of your own communication style and how you are perceived by others both verbally and non-verbally.
- You will learn and practice practical tools to be more assertive and deal with difficult situations.
- You will know when and how to use these new skills.
Dates & registration
There are no dates listed for this event.