How to Handle Difficult Customers
It is common for customer service staff to have to deal with annoying, rude, unreasonable and angry customers. It can leave you wondering what you have done wrong and what you could have done differently.
Customer service staff need to have a high level of emotional intelligence, self-awareness and conflict resolution tools when dealing with these difficult customers. Things go wrong, and customers react in ways that can be threatening and insulting.
This workshop will give you the skills and tools to deal with the situation in an effective and positive way. You will learn to stay in control, keep yourself safe and deal with the situation in an effective and positive way.
You will learn how to:
- How to stay calm and in control
- Strategies to identify your own triggers and how to deal with these triggers
- To understand why some customers react, and understand their psychological needs
- The common traps that will escalate tensions with difficult customers and how to avoid them.
- To manage customer expectations and set boundaries
- How to improve your listening and to frame questions
- How to defuse difficult customers
- To understand the role of good and destructive nonverbal communication
- To ensure that safety comes first
This workshop focuses on the skills of managing customers who are difficult to handle, regardless of who is right or wrong. A difficult customer handled well can be converted into a loyal customer.
Dates & registration
There are no dates listed for this event.