Thinking And Speaking Off The Cuff (Perth)
This workshop is designed to help you think and talk on your feet in situations that may arise unexpectedly, or without notice. The ability to think and speak on your feet is a tremendous asset to have in your social, business and daily life. Speaking off the cuff is often required for meetings, impromptu presentations, supervising staff, job interviews and when responding to questions from an audience. To successfully communicate your ideas in these situations you must be able to organise your thoughts quickly and present them in a clear and logical manner, that meets the audience’s needs. Those who do speak well off the cuff are seen as credible, reliable and confident.
The workshop will teach you how to:
- Respond to questions from the floor. Be eloquent, be effective, and be relevant
- Buy time and organise your thoughts. Resist time pressure and think before you speak
- Structure your response. Follow the simple mini speech structure
- Master the platform. Stop hiding behind the podium and use the stage effectively
- Call on fail safe backup techniques. Simple models and simple tools allow you to respond confidently and effectively
- Respond effectively at job interview. What are the interview panel looking for and how can you best display this
- Use the rule of “Three”. The tricolon is one of the most effective tools in public speaking
- Get to the point. Less is often more, and keep it simple always wins
- Leave them with a memorable message. End strong and end confidently
Communicating off the cuff is critical to success in business, everyday life and your career. Concerned about an upcoming job interview? Anxious about being asked to give your thoughts during a meeting? Fearful of needing to provide critical feedback in the moment? Then you are not alone. In this workshop you will learn and practice techniques that will help you speak spontaneously with greater confidence and clarity, regardless of content and context.