Panel Recruitment and Interview Skills
The Department of Housing is undertaking Recruitment Panel and Interview Skills training with its employees in the Pilbara and Kimberley, and wishes to extend an invite to other government agencies in the regions to participate.
Limited places are available for external Government Agencies
A one day program to provide staff who are involved with the panel recruitment and interview processes with essential skills and knowledge within the Public Sector environment.
- Acquire knowledge and understanding of the selection process including relevant legislative frameworks
- Explore a variety of selection techniques including alternate selection methods
- Practise shortlisting and preparing interview questions
- Experience an interview situation, including issues related to making the right decision
- Be aware of Equity and Diversity requirements during the recruitment process
- Examine the logistical arrangements for:
- Convening the panel
- Preparing interview arrangements
- Checking referees
- Preparing documentation on the selection
- Giving feedback to participants
Location, Date & Time
South Hedland, Tuesday 4 September 2014, 9:00 – 16.30, Department of Housing Office, Cnr Brand & Tonkin Streets
Broome, Wednesday 5 September 2014, 9:00 - 16:30, Department of Housing Office, Frederick St
There are currently 10 seats available for the training in Port Hedland, and 5 seats available for the training in Broome.
The training will cost $300 per person which includes catering.
Dates & registration
There are no dates listed for this event.