Job interview skills: How to standout and sell yourself
Worried about an upcoming and demanding job interview and want to make sure you answer difficult questions easily? Don't know how to convince the panel that you're the outstanding person for the job? Feeling desperate to get a new job but think your nerves will get the better of you? Take hope.
In just 60 minutes, world-class job interviews coach, Rachel Green, will show you how to talk about your strengths, skills and experience, how to answer complex and challenging questions at a high level, and how to pick the most compelling examples so your distinct value to the organisation is obvious. In this tough job interviews market learn how to be a standout from the opposition now!
ONLY 15 places for maximum personal input.
What this practical job interviews live tele-class will cover:
- How job interviews are changing and what to be prepared for including video interviews.
- How to do standout research and preparation.
- How to talk about your strengths, skills and experience convincingly.
- How to pick the strongest examples.
- How to answer, "Why do you want this job?" and "What are your weaknesses?".
- How to clearly impress with your distinct value to the organisation.
- How to outsmart the other applicants even if you don't know who they are.
- Great questions to ask.
- Ways to reduce your interview nerves and be confident.
Bonus: You may forward to Rachel a sample job description of a position that you are applying for and your application letter if you would like Rachel to use examples from this during the tele-class. (Must be received a minimum of 24 hrs before the tele-class.)
- Professional people, higher levels of public servants, executives, and people who already have an established career and who want to advance it.
- People who know they are up against stiff opposition and want to do everything they can to win the job interview.
- Professional people who are stressed by job interviews or who have failed one.
- Anyone who has been made redundant and is daunted by having to go to job interviews again.
- Anyone who needs to improve their job interview skills because they've not been to one for a long while or are returning to work after taking time off from their careers.
Reminders: We will send out reminders to the email address you give us when you register.
Numbers: Limited to only 15 people for maximum interaction.
Follow-up and handouts: A handout of the PowerPoints will be emailed to you after the tele-class.
Job Interviews Presenter: Rachel Green
- Rachel is the Director of Job Interviews Australia and The Emotional Intelligence Institute, a dynamic professional speaker, author and top-level job interviews coach.
- She has over 15 years experience coaching people in job interview skills and has a success rate of around 85-93%.
- She is the author of the job interviews self-coaching guide: "Job interviews: How to sell yourself and help the panel pick you".
- She has tertiary level qualifications in psychology, speech pathology, adult education and the Feldenkrais Method.
- She has provided job interview coaching to many eminent men and women from a diverse range of backgrounds. These include medical consultants, school principals, lawyers, university academics, Directors General, senior public servants, corporate executives, pilots, geologists, administrators, and even hopeful medical students.
- She has attended many job interviews and been successful, participated on interview panels and been a sole interviewer.
- She is the author of eight books, 3 DVDs and 20 CDs, and is now writing her ninth on personality types. Her book on a Master of Cermonies has sold in over 80 countries world-wide.
- She has twice been nominated for the Telstra Business Woman of the Year award, and has been awarded the highest level of international accreditation in the professional speaking profession: Certified Speaking Professional, (CSP).
- She is warm, engaging and practical, and promises not to be boring!
The easy tele-class format for job interview skills
- The advantage of this tele-class, for a busy life public servant, is that you do not have to leave your home or workplace to participate.
- No one need know you are participating except for those of us at TJob Interviews Australia.
- It gives you immediate and personal access to an experienced and successful job interviews coach.
- It is an interactive, live video seminar held on your computer. There is a presenter and a group of participants. However, instead of sitting in a seminar room you join in via your computer, tablet or 'phone from anywhere, providing you have a good Internet connection.
- You can watch the presenter throughout AND listen to her AND see her PowerPoint slides AND write questions and comments throughout, and hear her responses. You also see the other participants' questions, comments and answers.
- You do not need a microphone or webcam.
- The tele-classes are not boring - or time wasting. They are packed with high content and start bang on time with dynamic information.
- It is at a far more affordable price than a face-to-face coaching session, which is typically $660 for two hours.
"I really enjoyed the format and Rachel's warmth".
Sheila Mackridge, Counsellor, Olney, England.
"Rachel's presentation was short, sharp and to the point; and I was able to take away so much from it. I would recommend Rachel's live tele-classes to anyone".
Cherie Wallace, Formerley at City of Kalgoorlie-Boulder, Western Australia.
"What I loved about your tele-class was how interactive it was. You were very attentive to our responses via text and took great care in answering and acknowledging them. This surely helped me be very engaged".
Sophia Ojha, Candler, NC. United States of America.
"I find the tele-class technology so easy".
Donna Rayner, Project Officer, Mingenew-Irwin Group, Western Australia.
Dates & registration
There are no dates listed for this event.