Mental Health First Aid
A two-day interactive course, MHFA will equip you with the skills and resources to recognise and respond appropriately to someone experiencing a mental health crisis, until professional help arrives.
This internationally recognised course was developed at the Centre for Mental Health Research at Australian National University and is now delivered across 20 countries around the world.
This course runs on consecutive Monday's.
DAY ONE: 3 December
DAY TWO: 10 December
- Understanding Mental Health, including diagnoses, prevalence and common misconceptions
- Symptoms and causes of depression, anxiety, psychosis and substance misuse.
- How to provide initial support to adults who are experiencing a mental health crisis.
- Crisis First Aid for: suicidal behaviour, panic attacks, aggressive behaviour, self harm, acute psychosis
- Responding to the effects of traumatic events and drug and alcohol misuse
This two-day course includes:
- engaging, up to date materials
- take home Mental Health First Aid Manual and free on-line resources
- all day catering and beverages - with dietary needs catered for
- post-course contacts for help and advice
- certificate of attendance
- optional post-course assessment and formal accreditation as a Mental Health First Aider, valid for three years
Dates & registration
There are no dates listed for this event.