Balancing dual loyalties as a company secretary
An ongoing challenge for company secretaries, especially those in dual roles, is how do you maintain autonomy and balance the competing demands of the board and the executive?
In this briefing two company secretaries (Marcel Brandenburg AGIA & Pippa Marando) will discuss their experience and share with you their strategies for maintaining their independence in the company secretary role. They’ll be joined by a legal expert who will provide insight into the legal considerations you need to be aware of as you balance your relationship with the chair, the board and executives.
- The current and emerging challenges for the company secretary role
- Strategies for maintaining independence between the board and the executive
- Tactics for managing competing demands in a dual role
- The legal implications you need to be aware of if you operate in a dual role as a company secretary
Who should attend?
- Company secretaries — new and experienced
- Anyone with company secretariat responsibilities and those aspiring to gain these responsibilities
Julie Athanasoff, Partner, Gilbert + Tobin
Marcel Brandenburg AGIA, Chief Financial Officer and Company Secretary, Gage Roads Brewing Co Ltd
Pippa Marando, Assistant Company Secretary/Senior Legal Counsel, Woodside Energy Ltd
Dates & registration
There are no dates listed for this event.