Board Papers - Law and Practice
Board/committee papers are a key element of any meeting and circular resolution. This interactive workshop is intended to provide you with an in-depth appreciation and understanding of the key issues associated with the preparation and administration of meeting papers.
During this interactive workshop you will also gain insights into the practical aspects of writing board/committee papers, including what makes a good meeting paper and some common traps.
This workshop will cover the following aspects:
- Nature and purpose of board/committee papers
- Preparation and review of board/committee papers
- What makes a good board/committee paper
- Distribution/dispatch of board/committee papers
- Collection of board/committee papers after the meeting
- Access to past papers by board/committee members and others
- Referencing board/committee papers in minutes
- Discovery and legal professional privilege
- Commentary on recent (relevant) cases
- Tips, traps and trends (including the use of electronic papers and systems)
Darryl Edwards FGIA, Company Secretary, RCR Tomlinson Limited
Darryl is Fellow of Governance Institute of Australia and a highly experienced Company Secretary with over 15 years experience in finance and legal matters across a number of diverse industries.
He has worked as Company Secretary for a number of large public companies and in corporate M&A advisory roles.
In February 2008, Darryl was awarded Governance Professional of the Year for other than an ASX 100 listed company, for his achievements in corporate governance.
He is currently the Company Secretary of RCR Tomlinson and was the former Chair of Governance Institute Australia - WA State Council.
Leigh Warnick FGIA, Barrister, Francis Burt Chambers
Leigh Warnick is one of Western Australia's most experienced corporate lawyers. He has extensive expertise in corporate governance, mergers and acquisitions and major resource projects.
After starting his corporate governance career as a company secretary and in-house counsel, Leigh went on to parallel careers as a law firm partner and as a director and chairman of listed public companies.
He now practices as a barrister in Perth, working in the areas of corporate and commercial law.
Leigh has been recognised in the areas of corporate law and corporate governance by Best Lawyers Australia.
Dates & registration
Thu 20 Sep 2018 Perth (Metro)
08 9321 8777