Governance and Risk Management Forum 2019
Integrity. Accountability. Resilience.
Strengthen your foundations to reinforce good governance and build resilient frameworks with insights from Australia’s business leaders.
Day one focuses on governance. After a year of interrogating failures in governance, business leaders, governance professionals and risk managers are looking to reconnect with the foundations for good governance. This ‘back to basics’ moment offers a unique opportunity to build better governance systems for the future. We will look at:
- the role of boards in strategy — examining the opportunities and boundaries
- interrogating integrity — culture, ethics, values and independence
- frameworks for accountability — roles, responsibilities, transparency, scrutiny and disclosure.
Day two focuses on risk management and resilience. At a time of rapid and continuing change, the centrality of an effective risk resilience framework has never been clearer. Led by a panel of CROs and risk management leaders the day considers the circle of resilience — personal, organisational and societal resilience — and the mechanisms to curate and understand internal and external uncertainties to reinforce adept, agile and adaptable resilience frameworks.
- Alan Langford, Chief Economist, Bankwest
- Kevin Lewis FGIA, Chief Compliance Officer, ASX
- Rachel Rees FGIA FCIS, Chief Financial Officer and Company Secretary, Lionel Samson Sadleirs Group
- Louise Forster, Head of Brand & People, Chorus
- Natalie Durr, Regional Commissioner Western Australia, Senior Executive Leader Enforcement WA and Criminal Intelligence, ASIC
- Liane Papaelias, Appointed Director Company Secretary, Rural Health West
- Kane Blackman FGIA , Commission Secretary, Insurance Commission of WA
- Jana Jevcakova, Director, Corporate Governance, Morrow Sodali
- Warren Baillie FGIA, Company Secretary, Woodside Energy Ltd
- Chris Courtis, Digital Forensic Investigator
- Lex Burke, Digital Forensic Investigator
- Deane Pieters, General Manager, Business Strategy & Growth, West Coast Eagles FC
- Andrew Rowell, Director, Investor Relations, Cannings Purple
- Lianne Cretney-Barnes, Principal, Board Connexions
- Ian Hord, Risk Manager, Western Power
- Phillip Draber, Manager, Risk and Assurance and Chief Risk and Assurance Officer, ECU
Who should attend?
The forum is suitable for a variety of sectors including those working in governance and risk management roles in the listed, non-listed, public sector and not-for-profit space.
Early bird discount
Book by Friday 26 April to take advantage of our early bird rate. Save $175 both day registrations and $55 on single day registrations.
Dates & registration
There are no dates listed for this event.