Governance Masterclass for the Public Sector
This year, under our new name, Governance Institute of Australia offers senior public sector professionals a Masterclass event that will enrich their governance and risk management knowledge with an injection of the latest thinking and robust discussions on real challenges specific to Western Australia.
Masters of governance and risk management practice within the Public Sector will provide you with tips, tools and techniques to ensure you are well-equipped to apply your knowledge in practice.
Dr Ruth Shean FGIA, Director General, Department of Training And Workforce Development.
Opening keynote address;
Colin Murphy FGIA, Auditor Genera
Auditor General's report on Governance of Public Sector Boards – Findings and Recommendations
Topics and Masters;
- How to create a succession plan for boards
Alison Gaines, Global Practice Leader - Board Consulting, Gerard Daniels and Eva Skira, Chair, Water Corporation
- How to implement a plan for transparent management of conflicts of interest
- How to implement, improve, identify and monitor strategic and governance risks
Jim Hodges, Partner, Riskwest
Assessing, Analysing and Treating Risk
Examine the importance of managing and mitigating the impact of risk within your Public Sector department.
This 2 hour interactive presentation will provide you with:
- the knowledge and tools to identify and analyse key risks that may affect your department
- practical guidance on implementing risk minimisation strategies
- tools to effectively manage risk across industry sectors
- key tips on embedding risk management within your departments culture and structure
- specific knowledge of the effect of AS/NZS ISO 31000–2009 risk standard on your risk management framework.
Dates & registration
There are no dates listed for this event.