Classification and Indexing of Business Records
To provide participants with the knowledge and skills required to classify and index business records.
- What is classification and why it is important to every organisation;
- Classification concepts and different classification schemes;
- The principles of keyword classification - what it is and how do you use it?
- The importance of controlled vocabulary - why it's so important to "speak the same language";
- How to index your records using controlled vocabulary - a practical approach.
At the end of this course participants will be able to:
- Define classification and indexing;
- Relate the classification and indexing process to the records function;
- Identify keywords and descriptors in a thesaurus;
- Use a thesaurus to classify and index correspondence.
Dates & registration
There are no dates listed for this event.