Demystifying Knowledge Management
Knowledge is one of your organisation’s most valuable strategic assets. However, because it is intangible, its importance and value are often overlooked and thus it is not used and exploited to business advantage. This course will explore knowledge as a strategic asset and provide an introduction to the fundamentals of managing, using and sharing it. It will look at the people, processes and technology needed to support a successful knowledge management program.
This half day course has been designed to assist you to hone your understanding of knowledge management as a discipline and practice. It will provide you with an appreciation of the value of knowledge as a strategic asset, and how the practice of knowledge management can be of benefit to your organisation. The issues and challenges of introducing a knowledge management program will also be discussed.
The course makes use of presentations and discussions and individual and group activities.
This course will cover:
- Knowledge as a strategic asset;
- How to deliver value from that asset through knowledge management;
- Issues and challenges of knowledge management and how to address them; and
- Knowledge management – people, processes and technology.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the value and importance of knowledge as a strategic asset;
- Understand the basic principles of knowledge management; and
- Understand and apply techniques for developing a knowledge management program for your organisation.
Dates & registration
There are no dates listed for this event.