Developing a Retention and Disposal Schedule for Records
With record keeping and the retention and disposal of business records, knowing what to keep and what to throw away is becoming more important than ever. With poor record keeping becoming a litigious and costly process. This can be offset with the development of a retention and disposal schedule.
The course will cover:
- What is retention and disposal;
- Purpose of a Retention and Disposal (R&D) Programme;
- The different types of R&D Schedules;
- Steps in developing an R&D Schedule;
- How to determine Retention Periods for your records.
At the end of this course participants will be able to:
- Describe the processes in developing a retention and disposal schedule;
- Identify records series;
- Identify the legislation pertinent to the functions of an organisation.
Dates & registration
There are no dates listed for this event.