Introduction to Managing Business Records
This full day course provides you with a practical introduction to the core principles and elements of a records management programme. You will be introduced to the best practice concepts from AS ISO 15489 Records Management Standard, together with practical tips on how to manage records in your workplace.
Discover the elements that comprise a records management programme and how each element is dependent upon the other in providing a best practice approach to managing business records. Find out how standards and benchmarks provide guidance for recordkeeping and how legislation can impact on record retention. Examine methods for storing records and learn how to set up a basic records system for your home office.
This course will cover:
- What is meant by the term Records Management and why every organisation should manage their business records;
- What types of records are created by organisations and their value;
- How legislation impacts on record keeping;
- What elements are required for a bench mark Records Management Programme;
- Storage options for records; and
- Setting up a basic records system for a home office.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand why records management is an essential business function;
- List the key standards and benchmarks influencing records management;
- Understand how legislation can impact on the retention of records;
- Identify the elements of a Records Management Programme;
- Decide on storage options for records; and
- Set up a basic records system for your home office.
At the end of this course you will have:
- An example of a basic records system for a home office;
- Examples of how legislation impacts on records management;
- A list of relevant records management standards and benchmarks; and
- A list of information resources on records management.
Dates & registration
There are no dates listed for this event.