Managing your electronic records without an electronic records management system
Today organisations, large and small, are creating the majority of their business records in electronic formats. While many organisations understand the importance of managing these records for better business efficiency, some organisations cannot justify an investment in electronic records management systems. This course aims to help such organisations to gain control of electronic records using existing business tools such as the Microsoft Office Suite and shared drives. With a minimum expenditure, an organisation can realise benefits such as:
- Improved business efficiency;
- Better access to records to support informed decision making; and
- Enhanced ability to manage records for legal and regulatory purposes.
Whether you’re a records manager or some who has been given the task of managing records as part of their responsibilities, this course will be of assistance to you.
The course makes use of presentations and discussions and activities.
This course will cover:
- Why we need to manage electronic records;
- What are electronic records and how to identify those that need to be managed;
- The policies, procedures and other governance tools needed to manage electronic records; and
- The options available to you for managing electronic records.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the benefits of managing electronic records;
- Identify the electronic records created by your organisation which need to be managed;
- Identify business systems that hold electronic records;
- Understand ways to manage electronic records without an electronic records management system; and
- Understand the basic records management practices and processes needed to manage these records.
At the end of this course you will have:
- An approach to managing electronic records using your existing business tools.
- A list of records management resources and tools to help you.
Dates & registration
There are no dates listed for this event.