Practical Approaches to an Information Management Framework
An information management (IM) framework aims to support an organisation’s outcomes by leveraging it information assets. It focuses on what an organisation is trying to achieve and it helps you, the information manager, to ensure that those valuable information assets are managed, used and shared to best advantage. An IM framework can also be used to promote and support your value to the organisation.
This course will guide you through the process of developing and implementing a succinct and practical IM framework that will help you with your day-to-day activities as well as support your organisation in achieving its outcomes.
- Information Managers
- Knowledge Managers
- Records Managers
The Course Covers
- The value and importance of an IM Framework;
- Developing and implementing an IM Framework;
- Using your organisation’s strategic plan and a set of information principles to develop IM Framework;
- Creating a succinct and easy to use format; and
- How to measure your achievements.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the benefits of an IM framework;
- Understand the link between your organisation’s strategic plan and your framework;
- Understand and develop the components of an IM Framework; and
- Understand and apply techniques for writing a clear and usable framework.
At the end of this course you will have:
- A methodology to develop an IM framework;
- Templates and tools to assist you in developing your framework; and
- An example of an IM framework developed using the above methodology and the tools.
Dates & registration
There are no dates listed for this event.