Archives Management Basics
This course will provide participants with the skills and knowledge to establish and manage an archival program in their place of work
On completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Identify basic archival principles;
- Define common archival terminology;
- Identify your organisational context;
- Establish your archival program including:
- Archival policies
- Archives accommodation and environment
- Bringing material into your collection: Acquisition, appraisal and accessioning
- Describing and arranging your collection: Arrangement and Description
- Making your collection available: Finding Aids, Access and Reference Services, Outreach (user education and public relations)
- Archival management systems.
IRIS now offers an Online Records Management Basics. Use this link to see this and our other online courses. More courses will be added in the near future.