Who should attend
Records officers, administration officers or Information Managers with responsibility for records management.
This course will provide participants with the skills and knowledge required to use a keyword thesaurus, such as Keyword AAA or Keywords for Councils, to classify documents and create file titles.
On completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Broadly define classification
- Explain the purpose of classification
- Describe different types of records management classification
- Explain functional classification
- Outline the components of a thesaurus
- Describe navigation in a thesaurus
- Use a keyword thesaurus to title files
Items Required by Participant
State Government Keyword AAA
Local Government Keywords for Council
Private Organisations Nothing required
IRIS now offers an Online Records Management Basics. Use this link to see this and our other online courses. More courses will be added in the near future.