Administering Windows Server 2012 - 20411
This course is part two in a series of three courses that provides the skills and knowledge necessary to implement a core Windows Server 2012 Infrastructure in an existing enterprise environment. The three courses collectively cover implementing, managing, maintaining and provisioning services and infrastructure in a Windows Server 2012 environment. Although there is some cross-over of skills and tasks across these courses, this course primarily covers the administration tasks necessary to maintain a Windows Server 2012 infrastructure such as Implementing Server Images, User and Group management with Active Directory Domain Services(AD DS) and Group Policy, Remote Access and Network Policies, Data Security, Monitoring and Update Management.
This course is intended for Information Technology (IT) Professionals with hands on experience working in a Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2012 environment, who wish to acquire the skills and knowledge necessary to be able to manage and maintain the core infrastructure required for a Windows Server 2012 environment. The key focus for students in this course is to broaden the initial deployment of Windows Server 2012 services and infrastructure and provide the skills necessary to manage and maintain a domain based Windows Server 2012 environment, such as user and group management, network access and data security.
Candidates would typically be System Administrators or aspiring to be System Administrators. They must have at least one year hands on experience working in a Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2012 environment. Candidates must also have knowledge equivalent to that already covered in 20410: Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012 course as this course will build upon that knowledge.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- At least one year of experience working with Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2 or Windows Server 2012
- Good knowledge and understanding of Active Directory and networking infrastructure
- Knowledge equivalent to that already covered in 20410: Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Implement a Group Policy infrastructure
- Manage user desktops with Group Policy
- Manage user and service accounts
- Maintain Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS)
- Configure and troubleshoot Domain Name System (DNS)
- Configure and troubleshoot Remote Access
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot the Network Policy Server (NPS) role
- Implement Network Access Protection (NAP)
- Optimise file services
- Configure encryption and advanced auditing
- Deploy and maintain server images
- Implement Update Management
- Monitor Windows Server 2012
Dates & registration
There are no dates listed for this event.