Business Problem Solving
The New Horizons Problem Solving Program examines the fundamentals of solving business problems. You will consider the need for problem solving, ineffective responses to problems, the elements of an effective solution, and learn the skills needed to for effective problem solving. Participants will also learn how to avoid inappropriate responses to problems, identify types of problem solvers, overcome barriers to problem solving, and identify phases of the problem-solving process. Program activities also cover the process for generating solution options and a method for prioritising problems, the ability to identify a problem's root causes, develop and implement an effective solution, track the success of your solution, and define multiple analysis techniques and different methods to reach conclusions. Finally, you will learn about logical and creative thinking, quantitative and qualitative analysis techniques, reasoning, and conclusions.
This course will benefit any individual in a problem solving capacity (especially managers) who is having challenges with multiple or recurring problems. It is also for those who lead problem solving teams.
Key Participant Benefits:
- Boosts confidence in decision-making through provision of structure
- Ensures adequate and consistent problem resolution through a stepped process
- Increases versatility via multiple strategies to analyse and solve problems
Key Business Benefits
- Lifts the capabilities of staff to take responsibility and solve business issues
- Creates greater customer and staff satisfaction by solving problems at a root level where necessary, rather than ‘band-aiding’
- Can potentially raise revenues and lower costs by helping individuals generate solutions to business issues in a structured manner
At Course Completion:
Participants will leave the course with a certificate of attendance and an individualised action plan to help support next steps on return to the workplace. More importantly you will have developed skills and knowledge to:
- Have consistency in the problem solving approach
- Ensure adequate resolution is reached
- Have a toolkit of multiple strategies and skills to allow adjustment of approach
Dates & registration
There are no dates listed for this event.