Conducting Effective Interviews
The New Horizons' Conducting Effective Interviews Program teaches participants the fundamentals of interviewing. Participants will prepare themselves to interview a prospective employee by identifying the necessary skills and the type of personality that will fit best in the company. Participants examine the guidelines for interviewing candidates, researching references, handling difficult candidates, evaluating candidates, choosing objectively, and appropriately following up with all interviewees. Program activities also cover understanding the laws regarding interviewing and selection-equal employment opportunity, pregnancy discrimination, disabilities, and immigration status-and functioning within their parameters. The manual is designed for quick scanning in the classroom and filled with interactive exercises that help ensure participant success.
This course is perfect for anyone who is involved in the interviewing process to find staff, be they on a one-to-one basis, a panel or as part of a series format.
At Course Completion
- Identify the benefits of interviewing skills and the various types of interviews, define success factors, and identify the steps involved in writing and finalizing the success factors for a position.
- Establishing a plan for an interview and prepare an office for an interview.
- Handle an interview by developing an understanding of the various types of candidates, conduct an interview by following a specific structure, and use effective communication techniques when interviewing.
- Identify the types of bias, the steps involved in evaluating a candidate, and several criteria for ranking candidates.
- Identify the follow-up tasks that should be performed after an interview.
Dates & registration
There are no dates listed for this event.