With the wealth of information that people are subjected to today, the effective transfer and ‘cut through’ to those we wish to reach is a critical skill in business. The New Horizons’ Effective Presentations Program examines the formalised area of information transfer – the presentation. From understanding the audience, through to design and delivery, this program establishes the steps to creating effective presentations. It provides techniques to heighten your engagement and effectiveness with your audience during delivery and in question and answer time.
Participants will learn how to determine realistic presentation objectives, analyse the audience, use supporting materials effectively, organise a presentation clearly, and successfully incorporate visual aids. Program activities also cover reducing the fear of speaking, remaining calm, appearing relaxed, and improving the delivery of your presentation. Finally, participants learn how to assess the audience members and answer their questions, organise a persuasive presentation, and use reasoning and emotional appeals to persuade an audience.
This course is filled with interactive exercises that help ensure success, including videotaping participants at the beginning and end of the course to show their growth and to help with skill development after the program.
This course is perfect for anyone who needs to impart information in a formalised way: Managers, Team Leaders, Supervisors, Sales People, Trainers and those who present at board level.
Key Participant Benefits
- Easy mastery of skills through simple yet effective stepped methodology
- Creates a polished and professional image via visual and oratory techniques
- Increases effectiveness of information transfer and chance of ‘cut through’ by including elements of persuasion and variety
- Heightens your learning impact and helps skill development through before and after video
- Ultimately positively influences your career and earnings
Key Business Benefits
- Presents a better business image to customers both external and internal
- Boosts an individual’s productivity through time saving preparation tips
- Increases revenue potential through better positioning and influence
- Saves the time of others by easier understanding, memorability and ‘cut through’
At Course Completion
Participants will leave the course with a certificate of attendance and an individualised action plan to help support next steps on return to the workplace. More importantly you will have developed skills and knowledge to become:
- Aware of audience needs
- An effective presentation designer
- A confident, polished, professional and interesting presenter
- An adept question answerer
- Versatile in your approach
Dates & registration
There are no dates listed for this event.