Project Management Fundamentals
The Project Management Fundamentals course is a primer on the basics of Project Management. Participants learn how to use a range of project management techniques to manage the project life cycle and associated phases of a project. You will gain skills to plan, organise, control, document and close out their projects successfully. You will also examine strategies around budgets and risk minimisation.
This course is designed for participants who want to understand the basic concepts of Project Management. It is useful for Technical specialists/engineers moving into a project management team role, or working for a project manager but who have not had much, if any, experience to date.
Some project management experience and scheduling software such as Microsoft® Project is helpful but not required.
Key Participant Benefits:
- Builds confidence by ‘knowing’ best techniques and templates/steps to follow
- Make it easier to manage the people equation by better people management skills
- Increases time effectiveness by more adept handling of all aspects of the project
- Lessens stress by better planning and having direct reports take on more accountability
- Increases productivity and the potential of a favourable reputation by better scope and people management
Key Business Benefits
- Decreases costs through greater productivity and effective scope management
- Helps foster accountability for project subordinates through better people management
- Mitigates risk through better scope and risk management
- Appeases internal and/or external customers through timeliness
- Saves potential cost of rehiring, retraining and lost productivity by better people management
At Course Completion:
Participants will discover how to:
- Identify key stakeholders and their roles
- Collect actual work performed on projects
- Update plan components
- Manage project risk and maintain a schedule and budget with consistent predictive power
- Manage cost, scope, time, risk, quality, and project change according to a set of processes
- Analyse projects and the project management process continually
Dates & registration
There are no dates listed for this event.