Write it Right
In the ‘old days’ there was a secretarial pool who typed up any letter of importance that was to go out of an organisation. These people were careful and made correspondence represent the organisation well. The need for precise and appropriate business writing has not disappeared but the responsibilities of the secretarial pool have been decentralised to every individual in an organisation. Emails can be sent without scrutiny at the speed of a key-stroke, potentially shedding poor light on individuals and companies.
‘Write it Right for Business’ focuses on ensuring the quality of writing being constructed by you meets expected standards and intended outcomes of the document. It teaches participants how to write in a business environment for internal and external parties. The fundamental writing skills of planning, writing, editing and proofing are covered, including: understanding the audience, getting appropriate structure and writing in a clear, concise, correct and courteous way. You also learn how to write emails appropriately and specific business letters such as, setting limits with customers.
This course will benefit any individual who is having challenges with their writing structure as well as those who need to influence other parties and save time in the writing process.
Before attending this course, students must have attended Dramatic Grammatics or possess equivalent knowledge of the topics covered in the course. Prior to attending the Write it Right course attendees will be requested to complete and pass a brief grammar skills assessment.
Key Participant Benefits
- Adapts to audience needs by considering the needs of the intended recipients and their likely preferences for information consumption
- Creates a professional individual image through well crafted correspondence
- Boosts your productivity by following a time saving process
- Specifically covers emails and letters
Key Business Benefits
- Presents a better business image to customers through professional writing
- Boosts an individual’s productivity by following a time saving process
- Saves the time of others by easier readership and understanding
- Reduces risk through greater clarity
At Course Completion
Participants will leave the course with a certificate of attendance and an individualised action plan to help support next steps on return to the workplace. More importantly you will have developed skills and knowledge to:
- Adapt your writing to audience needs through profiling
- Write clearly and avoid redundancy
- Write well structured and courteous correspondence
- Write correct and complete documents
- Accomplish greater productivity in writing
- Adhere to the do’s and don’ts of professional email and letter writing
Dates & registration
There are no dates listed for this event.