Writing Technical Documentation
This two-day workshop introduces attendees to the process of writing good quality technical documents. Technical documents include procedures, instructions, manuals, and user guides. You learn to clearly define outcomes of what your writing must deliver, who your readers are, and how to present the information in the most useable way. This course will give you the tips and techniques so that all your documents are clear, concise and consistent. You systematically work through the planning, structuring, writing, checking and presentation stages of a project so that you finish with a high quality piece of writing that reaches its audience and achieves its purpose.
If you are responsible for writing or editing technical material such as user manuals, staff instructions, procedures manuals, reference materials or training manuals this workshop is ideal for you.
This course is especially designed for:
- Technical writers
- Training specialists
- Business and systems analysts
- Information technology managers
- Security and safety professionals
- Publications managers
- Quality managers
- Project managers
Key Participant Benefits:
- Adapts to audience needs by simplifying complexity
- Creates a professional individual image through well constructed and professional prose
- Allows individuals to accomplish greater productivity in writing through planning
- Aids confidence in writing through an easy to follow process
Key Business Benefits:
- Presents a better business image to customers through clarity and pithiness
- Boosts an individual’s productivity through following a time saving process
- Saves the time of others by easier readership and understanding
- Mitigates risk through increased understanding and reduced ambiguity
At Course Completion:
Participants will leave the course with a certificate of attendance and an individualised action plan to help support next steps on return to the workplace.
More importantly you will have developed skills and knowledge to:
- Plan a technical document
- Write appropriately for the audience
- Understand basic grammar
- Write clearly
- Test a technical document
- Edit a technical document
Dates & registration
There are no dates listed for this event.